Lycopene, which is abundantly found in green leafy vegetables such as the plants in this recipe and in tomatoes, is a carotenoid that gives tomatoes their red color. Increased consumption of lycopene has been shown to reduce the risks for cardiovascular disease and prostate cancer. Region: Kuakh
- 400 g water parsnip
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ½ cup garden rocket, chopped
- 1 tsp wild mint leaves, chopped
- 3 dock leaves, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Juice of ½ small lemon
- Malek Batal PhD
- Wash the water parsnip, then soak it in water and salt for few minutes.
- Mix and press the water parsnip with both hands in order to discard all juices.
- Chop the water parsnip and mix it with the other ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad in a large serving bowl.