White Bean Salad (Fassolia Aa’rida Moutabale)
Food for Thought
Chicory was first mentioned on a papyrus 4000 years before Christ. This plant has been shown to improve intestinal microflora and to lower triglycerides in the blood. Region; Kuakh
- 600 g chicory, washed and trimmed
- 300 g Spanish thistle, washed and trimmed
- 4.5 L water
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil, for sauteing
- ½ tsp salt
- Juice of ½ a small lemon
- Malek Batal PhD
Method of Preparation
- Soak the chicory and Spanish thistle in water and salt for few minutes, then discard the water. Chop the chicory and Spanish thistle.
- In a large saucepan, bring to a boil the chicory and Spanish thistle for half an hour. Drain them well.
- Saute the chopped onions until lightly browned.
- Combine the chicory and Spanish thistle with the onions, then add salt and serve.