White Butter Bean Stew (Yakhnet Fassolia Baida Arrida)
Food for Thought
Rishta is a low-fat delicious recipe and is suitable for individuals with elevated blood cholesterol. Region: Aarsal
- 1 large potato
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 cups dry lentils
- 3 L water
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
For the dough
- 2 cups water
- 3 ⅓ cups whole-wheat flour
- A pinch of yeast
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- Malek Batal PhD
Method of Preparation
- For the dough: Boil water, pour it gradually over the flour, and mix. Add the salt and then the yeast to the flour and mix thoroughly. Set aside for 15 minutes. On a floured surface, spread the dough and divide it into batches. Cut the dough longitudinally into rectangles and squares.
- Wash the lentils and simmer in 2 L of water for 25 minutes until just tender.
- Add 1 L of water to the lentils in order to prevent sticking, then add the potato.
- Add the onion slices to a separate saucepan containing water, bring to the boil and cook until softened.
- To the lentils, add the onions, oil, salt and the pieces of dough. Simmer on medium heat, while mixing thoroughly until well cooked.