Food for Thought
Meycheh with grilled onions is a healthy delicious starter that is suitable for individuals with high cholesterol. Region: Chouf
- 2 cups burghol
- ⅓ cup kishk
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 small onions
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- Malek Batal PhD
Method of Preparation
- Boil the water in a large saucepan and add the salt.
- Meanwhile, bake the onions in a hot oven (200 °C) until color changes to golden-brown.
- Add the burghol and kishk to the boiled water. Stir and simmer until no lumps are visible, then transfer the mixture to a large shallow dish.
- Cut the onions into thin slices.
- Sprinkle the onion slices and the olive oil over the top of the meycheh before serving.
- Serve while hot.