White Butter Bean Stew (Yakhnet Fassolia Baida Arrida)
Food for Thought
Lima beans are considered a good source of protein, fiber and vitamins. The consumption of pulses is especially recommended in case of hypertension. Region: Chouf
- 1 ½ cups lima beans soaked overnight
- ¾ cup burghol
- 3 L water
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 tbsp olive oil. for sauteing
- 4 tsp salt
- Malek Batal PhD
Method of Preparation
- Add the lima beans to 1 L of water and bring to a boil.
- While boiling, add 500 ml of water and cover. Stir occasionally.
- After 1 hour, add 500 ml of water.
- Saute the chopped onions in the olive oil with salt until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, add 500 ml of water to the lima beans after 1 hour and a half of boiling.
- Add the tomato paste and the burghol to the fried onions. Mix well and add the mixture to the boiling lima beans.
- Simmer for an additional 2 hours, then add 500 ml of water and 3 tsp of salt. Stir occasionally. Serve hot.