Adding sweet spices such as nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon or a pinch of salt enhances sweetness without adding calories.
Healthy diets including whole grain foods seem to reduce the risk for heart disease, strokes, diabetes, and cancer, and to improve hypertension. The fiber content of whole-wheat flour helps in reducing blood cholesterol as well as in regulating blood glucose by delaying absorption in the digestive system. Region: Kuakh
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup grape molasses
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp powdered milk
- 10 geranium leaves
- Malek Batal PhD
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Boil the geranium leaves in 1 cup of water. Remove the leaves and add its water to the flour mixture.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the flour mixture and knead the dough until it thickens. Preheat the oven to 200°C (392°F).
- Use molds to shape the biscuits, or spread the dough and cut it into squares.
- Arrange the cookies in baking trays then place them in the oven for 10 minutes at 200°C (392°F).