White Butter Bean Stew (Yakhnet Fassolia Baida Arrida)
Food for Thought
- 500 g veal foreshank
- 4 cups whole wheat
- 5 L water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coarse cinnamon
- ¼ piece of nutmeg
- 4 pieces of cardamom
- 1 piece white ginger
- 600 g gundelia
- Unpeeled lemon slice
- ½ of a lemon
- Malek Batal PhD
Method of Preparation
- Soak meat in salted water for one hour, then rinse with water.
- Place the meat in a pressure cooker along with 1 L of water and bring to a boil.
- White boiling, gradually remove the foam collecting at the surface.
- Add the salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, ginger, and lemon slice.
- When the water level decreases by ½ L, add the wheat and 1 L of water.
- Cover the cooker and simmer for two hours.
- After 2 hours, stir well and add the gundelia along with 1.5 L of water.
- Simmer in an uncovered cooker for about 2 hours and 15 minutes. When the water level is reduced by ½ L, add ½ L of water and stir from time to time.
- Stir the hreesé from time to time for 1 hour.