Wheat, Fruits, and Nuts (Qamhyieh)
Food for Thought
- 2 ¾ cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup corn flour
- ⅓ cup (80 g) butter
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ cup grape molasses
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup rose water
- 1 tsp powdered Anise
- 2 tbsp orange blossom water
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- Malek Batal PhD
Method of Preparation
- Place the flour in a bowl, then add the butter, oil, molasses, rose water, and orange blossom water and mix well.
- Add the milk powder to a cup of water and mix until well dissolved (you can use one cup liquid full fat milk).
- Add the dissolved milk, then the water, flour, anise, baking powder and baking soda to the flour mixture.
- Knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F) for 15 minutes.
- Mold the dough as you like and arrange the cookies on baking trays, then place them in the oven and bake at 180°C (356 °F) for 10 minutes.